Significance and Advantages of LED Lighting in Commercial Industry
When it comes to commercial lighting, it is very essential for consumers to know which lighting solution best fits their business. There are numerous factors to consider before choosing the best lighting solution for a commercial space. As a business owner, sometimes it becomes overwhelming to choose an ideal product after considering initial cost, energy efficiency, replacement cost, color rendering accuracy, and more. Setting up a commercial lighting system is different from residential lighting system. Several aspects can influence the planning, designing, and implementation process. Failure in any of these stages may lead to poor quality and decreased efficiency. Every business wants more efficient lighting solution. So, the easiest and fastest way to achieve this is by installing Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs), which are the most recent and efficient lighting solutions. Traditional incandescent light bulbs have several downfalls as compared to LED lighting.
Due to high energy efficiency, LED lights are widely used in commercial lighting system. Although the initial cost of installation is high of LED lights however, LED lights are long lasting and don’t require any maintenance. On an average, LED lights can last for 50000-100,000 hours. Moreover, they can significantly reduce the energy cost. So, if you're looking for a perfect lighting solution for your warehouse, parking lot, or any other commercial space, then LED lighting is an ideal choice.
Benefits of LED Lighting in Commercial Space
There are plenty of good reasons for using LED lights in commercial lighting system as mentioned below:
- Long Lifetime : As mentioned earlier, LED lights have an exceptional durability, up to 100,000 hours. LED lights use semiconductor materials whereas standard lights use filament. LEDs do not get burnt; instead they become less bright over a very long period of time. High durability significantly reduces the maintenance and replacement cost. LEDs can easily withstand shock and high temperature because they do not contain any frail components.
- Energy Efficiency : LED lights are highly energy efficient and consume much less power (80%-90% less) than traditional incandescent light bulbs. This significantly reduces the power cost. In LED lights, most of the electrical energy is converted into light and a very small portion (approximately 20%) is converted into heat. High durability is an added advantage and further boosts energy efficiency, especially in commercial lighting system. Although the initial cost is high, LED lights save more money in the long run.
- Eco-Friendly : LED lights are recyclable. Unlike incandescent bulbs, they contain non toxic materials and emit non ultra-violet rays. They are free from mercury and they are not harmful to environment as well as to our health.
- Temperature Resistant : LED lights can perform well in low temperature as well as at high temperature.
- Instant Lighting and No Heat : When switched on, LED lights brighten up immediately. This feature makes them suitable for commercial lighting, such as traffic signal lights. Furthermore, LED lights are free to touch immediately after several hours of usage. So, with LED lights, there is no risk of accidental burn.
- Operate on Low Voltage : LEDs can illuminate even on low voltage power supply. This is highly beneficial in rural areas where they use solar energy for power.
- Color : LEDs are available in a wide range of colors. Different colors can be used for different applications. LED lights are application compatible, so we can change or control colors as per our needs. Several LED lights can be blended together to generate unique and attractive colors.
- Light Control : LED lights can be brightened or dimmed as per wish. This gives us control over light distribution. LEDs are widely used in airplanes, classrooms, and several other locations.
Labels commercial lighting brisbane, commercial lighting melbourne, commercial lighting victoria, lifestyle